- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil (can be substituted with canola or grape seed oil)
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 block of tofu cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, or to taste
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Put oil in a big skillet on medium-high. A minute later add onion and brown for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure not to burn them. Add curry, stirr and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Add the soy sauce, stir then add the tofu and cook for about 3 minutes. Add cayenne pepper to taste. Serve over basmati rice.
Photo by Sarah R via Flickr used with CC Attribution, Non Commercial, No Derivatives license
You Might Also Like