- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cup chopped onion
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1⅓ cups cold water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1¼ pounds mixed fish fillets (such as sea bass, shark, orange roughy, cod and snapper), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add parsley and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add 1⅓ cups cold water, dry white wine, and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Season stew to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Adapted from Bon Appetit via Epicurious. Photo by Jules via Flickr used with CC Attribution license