- Red potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes well.
- Place on a baking sheet with ¾ cups of water, cover in tin foil and bake for 30 min at 500 degree oven on bottom rack. Test for doneness by inserting a knife and making sure it goes through easily.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then press with the bottom of a cup, until mashed flat, about ½” tall.
- Toss with lots of olive oil, making sure the oil goes in the nooks and crannies of each potato.
- Put back in the 500 degree oven for 15 min in top rack. Switch to bottom rack for another 15 min, until really brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if available.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen. Photo by Mike via Flickr used with CC Attribution, Non Commercial, Share Alike license