Galbi is Korean barbecued beef short ribs. Marinate the meat overnight to allow the acid from the pear and sugar to tenderize the meat. The meat will be so tender you can put on a good char and cook it medium.
Serves 4, enough for 2 lbs meat, flanken short ribs are preferable.
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 asian pear, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sake or mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger