- 1 cup couscous
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 leeks, sliced into ½-inch half-moons
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper for seasoning
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Toss shrimp with salt and pepper. Saute, tossing, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan; stir in mustard seeds. Cook until seeds begin to pop, about 30 seconds. Add leeks, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, peas, and 2 cups boiling water; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Add shrimp; stir gently.
Adapted from Martha Stewart. Photo by Gnawme via Flickr used with CC Attribution, No Derivatives license