- 4 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 small or ½ large clove garlic
- 1 cup plain (or soy) yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut 1 cucumber into small dice, and set aside for garnish. Cut others into large chunks. Combine cucumber chunks, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and water in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Add scallions and mint leaves, reserving some of the mint for garnish, and puree briefly. Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if a tarter flavor is desired.
- Chill until ready to serve. Stir well before serving, and ladle into bowls or mugs, garnishing each serving with a big spoonful of diced cucumber and a sprig of mint.